Mark Stoops was the guest speaker at the Kentucky Alumni Association Board of Directors meeting on this snowy Saturday morning and the Kentucky coach had a couple of interesting tidbits, including:
- There will be no staff changes, but Stoops said a few coaches had opportunities, and opted to stay at Kentucky.
- UK’s coach said he’d like to sign two more players on Signing Day (Feb. 5) and he would like them to be an offensive tackle and a defensive lineman. There are three official visitors on campus this weekend.
- Stoops said he thinks Kentucky’s recruiting class will finish ranked somewhere between 10 and 15 nationally.
- The UK players playing in Super Bowl have said they will wear UK blue items in workouts this week, part of care packages the program sent to them.
- The Kentucky coach told the alumni group that he likes the idea of playing Louisville at the end of the season because UK will be a much better football team at the end of the year.