From a steamy Commonwealth Stadium:
- Signees Bubba Tandy and David Washington will go to junior college.
- Freshman wide receiver Nile Daniel is finishing up some academic requirements, but Coach Joker Phillips feels “comfortable and confident that that should get done.” The coach expects to know for sure in four or five days.
- Travaughn Paschal wasn’t signed by UK, but he enrolled and was admitted last week. Phillips said the linebacker will go through training camp and will sit out this year and have three years of eligibility remaining.
- Daylen Hall, a defensive back from St. Xavier in Louisville who got in some trouble over spring break, has been a model citizen, Phillips said, adding that Hall “has done nothing but great things here this summer in taking care of his business in the classroom and on the football field.”
- Defensive tackle Mark Crawford is still working his way onto the team after some disciplinary issues and is listed as day to day. “We understand that young kids make mistakes,” Phillips said. “We’re giving him time.”
- After a minor car accident last week, defensive tackle Donte Rumph will sit out of camp for a couple of days. Phillips said he had a concussion last week in the wreck.
- Listed by their head coach as “day to day” during camp due to assorted injuries are Jake Lanefski, Mister Cobble, Gene McCaskill, James Elliott and Raymond Sanders. McCaskill specifically will go every other day until coaches are comfortable with him going full speed after numerous knee issues.