University of Kentucky senior tight end T.C. Drake recently underwent sports hernia surgery and won’t be back to full speed for about six weeks, UK Coach Rich Brooks announced via Twitter. Drake started eight games at tight end last fall, catching 12 passes for 204 yards. He’s expected to battle seniors Ross Bogue and Maurice Grinter for the No. 1 spot once fall camp begins. Bogue ended the spring as the starting tight end.
More sports from the Kentucky.com network
- Stoops: Just got a lot on my plate
- How will UK football celebrate Thanksgiving?
- Mark Stoops previews Tennessee, Thanksgiving
- Kentucky’s Stoops previews Tennessee game
- Kentucky’s coordinators discuss future, Tennessee
- Two players suspended for Georgia game, one indefinitely
- Stoops, Brown talk about future, offense
- Stoops talks QBs, INTs on SEC teleconference
- Kentucky’s Stoops, Eliot preview Georgia
- UK injury reports, depth chart updates