University of Kentucky senior tight end T.C. Drake recently underwent sports hernia surgery and won’t be back to full speed for about six weeks, UK Coach Rich Brooks announced via Twitter. Drake started eight games at tight end last fall, catching 12 passes for 204 yards. He’s expected to battle seniors Ross Bogue and Maurice Grinter for the No. 1 spot once fall camp begins. Bogue ended the spring as the starting tight end.
More sports from the Kentucky.com network
- Stoops, Brown discuss Whitlow transfer, other topics
- Stoops talks quarterbacks again
- Coaching legend takes in Kentucky practice
- UK’s Bud Dupree the savage?
- NFL was tempting for Dupree, but senior glad he stayed
- Stoops, Eliot discuss spring practice
- Stoops, Brown after Wednesday’s practice
- UK’s football coaches report basketball fever
- Stoops, Eliot discuss defense, some basketball
- Henderson County’s Wolfe commits to Cats