University of Kentucky senior tight end T.C. Drake recently underwent sports hernia surgery and won’t be back to full speed for about six weeks, UK Coach Rich Brooks announced via Twitter. Drake started eight games at tight end last fall, catching 12 passes for 204 yards. He’s expected to battle seniors Ross Bogue and Maurice Grinter for the No. 1 spot once fall camp begins. Bogue ended the spring as the starting tight end.
More sports from the Kentucky.com network
- Report: Naivar headed to Kentucky
- Cats’ weight room updates
- Will UK secondary solve interception issue?
- UK’s Williamson ready for NFL combine
- UK’s Blue-White Spring Game set for April 26
- Anderson County star Cox will walk on at UK
- What will a football ticket cost after renovations?
- Stoops discusses 2014 recruiting class
- Breakdown of 2014 class by position
- Kentucky’s 2014 official signees